Monday, July 30, 2012

Why My Workouts Look Different

Before I get too far into posting on this new blog, I want to explain that my workouts are unconventional largely because of my job.  I work 8 days in the woods, then I have 6 days off.  I've tried a variety of different 'solutions' to keeping up a consistent workout schedule, including gym rings tied to trees, one arm pushup + pistol squat circuits, uphill trail sprints, frog hop and pushup sets...I'll probably write more about the above strategies in the future.

Currently I'm trying to just do one light one-arm pushup/pullup/hill sprint workout during my workweek.  It's largely a recovery time for me.  During my 6 day offshift, I push myself with an unsustainable 4 full body workouts (Tuesday PM when I get out of the woods, Thursday, Saturday, and Monday) with hill sprints during most recovery days.  I'm not as worried about overtraining since my work week consists of only stretching, active recovery and possibly one light workout.

Anyways, here's my workout log for 7/30/2012. :

-Hangcleans 3x5 incl. warmup
-Benchpress 5x5
-Deadlifts 3x4 (wanted 5 reps, but my grip failed)
-Box Squats 5x5
-'Gorilla' pullups 5x3-4
-Military Barbell Press 5x5
-Battle Ropes 30 sec x 6 (30 sec rest between sets, various techniques)

followed by a smoothie:
-6 raw pastured eggs
-2 bananas
-1.5 or so cups of half & half
-one scoop of supergreen powder

-Brant






No comments:

Post a Comment